Lifes Struggles, Lifes Highs & Lows

My highs as well as my struggles thru life. Perhaps we can all learn from one another so as not to repeat ones mistakes.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Parents








Why is it that parents are so demanding? I mean as they get older they seem to require? NO make that demand more & more of your time! Now don't get me wrong I love my father dearly but its crazy how he just calls my house and starts making these demands of me or my wife. I think that as they get older they might realize that their time is limited on this earth and they want to spend more time with their children? Now that brings me to another difficulty, I'm an only child and I have no other siblings to share this bit of a burden. My dad is now 75 yrs. old and in very good condition for his age, and when he was younger he would run miles & miles a real health nut, too bad I couldn't take after him more in that regard. Even now he goes to the health club and works out, he brags to me that he can press 400 lbs with his legs, a feat that I cold never do as a man of 46. He can no longer use his arms the way he wants because of surgeries on both of his shoulders. Anyway does anyone other than me have there parents call them and ask them why they weren't in church last week? Or we never see you? When are you going to come over and see me?
Maybe this life is just too fast pace now days, it seems that the days of the 40hr week is gone. Everyone I talk to ether is out of work or working 60 & 70hr weeks these days. One day when my parents pass away yes I'll be very sad, and I'm sure that there will be regrets as I'm sure there is with everyone, but the key I think is to not have regrets so huge that you can't forgive yourself of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home