Lifes Struggles, Lifes Highs & Lows

My highs as well as my struggles thru life. Perhaps we can all learn from one another so as not to repeat ones mistakes.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

My first entry


Hello, this is my very first entry and to tell you the truth I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with this journal. I started a journal about 8 months ago when I started seeing a therapist for an anxiety disorder and also was put on a drug called effexor. I would like to tell anyone that is having problems to have the courage to go and see a Dr. And get help! That was to toughest part for me and didn't go till I was feeling very ill, but now that I look back it was the best decision that I've ever made.
The reason that I ended up needing help was pretty much due to having problems with my mother, you see my mother is in a nursing home but it took a long time to get her there and 4 surgeries. As a child my mother was never there for me and towards the end of my childhood I lived with my grandmother because my mother locked me out of the house one day after school and that was that as far as living with her. I don't want to come off as a whiner but the bottom line is this, she was asking more from me than I had to give emotional and physical and yes I did in fact hate my mother as bad as that sounds. The good news is this, I have since learned to forgive her and begin to help her with her situation and things are much better than they were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home